Survey To Find Out What Female Mountainbikers Want
by Sacredrides.com [September 10, 2010]
Sacredrides.com recently conducted a survey among 710 women to gain a better understanding of their motivation for mountainbiking.
Some key results of the study are:
· The vast majority of mountain biking women participate in numerous other outdoor pursuits
· 90% of respondents got into the sport through an invitation by a friend or partner/spouse
· Enjoying nature and building friendships wins over competition as a motivation to ride
· Mountain biking needs to soften its image to connect with more women
· Intimidation and fear of injury are keeping many women off the trails
· One of the best ways to grow the sport would be through women inviting other women to give it a try
The study provides important insights for the mountain bike industry.
To read the full study and/or download the PDF, visit http://www.sacredrides.com/womenmtb/